Specialty crops include most fruits & veggies, floral and nursery crops; see federal definition here: https://www.ams.usda.gov/services/grants/scbgp/specialty-crop
MDA SCBG funding priorities:
- Innovation in production, aggregation, processing, packaging
- Improving operational efficiencies, reducing costs or other barriers, and increasing access to distribution systems and new markets for specialty crops
- Increasing the demand-for and supply-of locally produced specialty crops
- Pest and disease control, and varietal improvement
- Practices that encourage conservation and environmental stewardship, including organic specialty crops research
- Grant requests may range from $10,000 - $100,000.
- Match is not required.
- Indirect costs are not allowed.
- Duration of projects may exceed two years.
This SCBG competitive process requires you to apply online. Start today and chip-away; your changes will be saved in our MDA online grants module until you hit submit!
For more information:
The Specialty Crop Block Grant RFP and Grants Manual is published online here: http://www.mda.state.mn.us/grants/grants/specialty.aspx
Questions? Contact Julianne LaClair, MDA Grants Specialist, 651-201-6135, firstname.lastname@example.org