From their website...
- Individuals (farmers) or businesses
- Agricultural cooperatives
- Local government entities
What can you use the money for?
Equipment purchase or physical improvements to intended to support businesses that will:
- Start, expand, or update livestock product processing
- Purchase equipment to start, upgrade, or modernize value-added businesses
- Increase the use and processing of MN Ag products (required for all grants)
- Purchase equipment or facility improvement to increase food safety
- Increase farmers' processing and aggregating capacity to sell to schools, hospitals, or other institutions
Maximum grant award is $150,000, minimum is $1000.
For more information, visit the MDA website.